HIGHLY EXPERIENCED PRIVATE TUTOR SPECIALIZED IN 'N'/'O'/'A' LEVEL MATHS, PHYSICS AND CHEMISTRY
- Date Listed01/06/2019
“No Pain No Gain” is a common phrase you will hear during studying. However, to achieve academic excellence does not always has to be a painful process.
I strongly believe and have adopted a Smart, Fun and Real learning approach in my teaching career:
• “Study Smart but not Study Hard”. A good plan is the first step to learn smart. I create daily lesson plans for my students such that they know what to achieve at the end of every lesson. My students will be taught to learn efficiently and to be able to recognize and grasp the main concepts required for the topic.
• “Learning Can Be Fun” is always what I believe in. Even a “boring” subject like Mathematics can be interactive and fun. As a tutor, I make efforts to relate Mathematic or Science concepts learnt with interesting real-life applications such that the knowledge learnt can be better appreciated.
• “Real Learning Versus Rote Learning”. Rote learning is basically a memorization technique based on repetition. To be honest, Rote learning approach do work, perhaps good enough for you to pass the coming test or exams. However, students tend to forget easily what they have memorized without a good understanding and “experience” of the concepts or theory learnt. I am a believer of Real Learning; spending time to explain and ensure my students fully understand the concept and will be able to apply them on the different real-life applications questions that I prepare for them. This is a longer process than just pure memorizing work, but with understanding and knowledge of application, the concept learnt will stay with the students for life.
A short introduction about myself:
My name is Darryl, a Private Tutor for more than 7 years, specialized in teaching the following subjects:
• Lower Secondary Mathematics and Science
• Upper Secondary Mathematics (Elementary Maths or Additional Maths)
• Upper Secondary Physics
• Upper Secondary Chemistry
• JC Mathematics (H1 and H2)
I am well versed with the latest MOE syllabus and have taught more than 30 students. 80% of the students have significantly improved in their results with a grade improvement of at least one grade or more (Do see attached pictures for some testimonials given by my previous students).
I graduated from Nanyang Technological University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, obtaining a 2nd Upper Class Honours Degree. I was also a Dean’s List holder for being the top 5% of the whole Mechanical Engineering cohort. Anyone who had studied this course can tell you, that one will definitely need a strong foundation and passion for Mathematics and Science to excel in this Engineering course. Till this day, I have never lost the passion and foundation that I have for Mathematics and Science. I have also completed and obtained a Part Time Master’s Degree in National University of Singapore (NUS) in Science to further my knowledge.
I conduct the following:
• Private tuition at the student's home on a 1-to-1 basis in any area in Singapore.
• Group tuition (Ang Mo Kio/Bukit Panjang) with a maximum class size of only 3.
Do contact/WhatsApp me at 87538952 or email me at email@example.com to find out about the available lesson timing/slots and rates.
Let’s learn SMART, learn REAL and have FUN!