Private Tuition for Primary, Secondary, JC Subjects by Oxford Graduate with Tutoring Experience
- Date Listed20/09/2020
Recent Oxford University Graduate with 1st Class Honours offering 1-on-1 private tuition for Arts and Humanities subjects.
- Early 20s / F / Chinese
- Humanities and Arts specialty, but can teach Science/Math for Primary and Secondary levels if requested.
Qualifications and Experience
- 1st Class Honours (best award possible) from University of Oxford in a social science degree
- A Levels: 90 Rank Points (H1 GP + H2 GELM)
- O Levels: L1R5 score of 2 for O Levels
- I have prior experience giving private tuition. My past students have: improved from E to B for H1 General Paper, achieved A2 for Geography at O Levels, achieved A* for English at PSLE
Tuition Subjects and Rates
- PSLE: English, Science, Maths ($30/hr)
- O Level: English, Geography, Social Studies ($50/hr)
- A Level: H2 Geography, H1 General Paper ($55/hr)
- Others: SAT Prep ($35/hr)
Locations and Timings
- Prefer locations near Central or East area (e.g. around Paya Lebar)
- Prefer timings in the afternoons or early evenings on weekdays. Weekends can be arranged, subject to my availability.
- I am willing to have lessons at students' homes, or at my place near the Tiong Bahru
- Tanjong Pagar area.
- Zoom lessons possible upon request.
Information About Myself
I strive to be a professional and patient but efficient tutor. I know what it's like to struggle with unfamiliar material, as I used to do badly on exams in my lower secondary (see my academic history in the next paragraph), so I'm empathetic towards varying speeds of learning and can explain things simply for students who are struggling. My teaching approach is informed by my belief that exam-taking is a skill that can be learned and honed. To that effect, besides teaching content, I will provide exam tips/strategies + exam-oriented notes, alongside tailoring my lessons' pace to my tutees. I will never shout, or use abrasive words.
I schooled myself from a less than desirable performance in Sec 3 (including a C6 for A Math) to a perfect score of 6 points for my O Levels entirely without tuition or paid help. I also topped my secondary school class overall for Prelims, and was 1st in class for Chemistry. I'm offering tuition now in hopes of helping others with their academic goals like I did for mine.
I have tutored 4 students in the past across a mix of primary, secondary, and JC subjects. My students have seen improvements in their grades, such as jumping from E/S to B for H1 GP, or reached their goals of attaining As in their final exams.