A level H2 Math Tuition Materials Provided, Responsible, Result Oriented)
- Date Listed09/11/2019
I specialize in teaching Secondary 1 to 4 Math, IP Math, A level H1/H2 Math, H2 Further Math, IB SL/HL Math. I also teach secondary 4 Pure Physics and JC H2 Physics.
I am a very responsible and committed tutor . I provide my students with relevant study materials such as practice papers, worksheets, notes, etc. Additionally, I will provide free WhatsApp consultation after tuition hours. Usually, I will try my best to reply to all my students within 24 hours.
My teaching methodology for Math is that learning Math is not just for practice but have relevant practice upon the right understanding of the topics. My teaching approach will include the following 3 steps:
1. Understanding of the topics – I will go through the math topics with my students and clarify their doubts in those topics. I will also help them correct their mistakes in the corresponding questions
2. Outline of the math concepts – I will encourage my students to have a small notebook to record down the math formulas, math concepts and sample questions they have done in my lessons so that they can refer back to them regularly.
3. Practice – I will guide students to practice through their own assessment books. I can also recommend assessment books to them and provide necessary math worksheets for their extra practices.
I will adjust every lesson to student’s needs. I am well versed with the MOE O level and A level Math syllabus and can explain the concepts clearly to my students. I have my own self-written notes and am cooperative with parents.
For O level Math and JC students:
In the year 2018, I taught 4 JC H2 Math student and 4 E/A Math students:
*O level A/E Math*
• Oliver got A1 for both E Math and A Math, improved from B3 when I started to teach him one year ago.
• Kenny got A1 for E Math and A2 for A Math, improved from C5 for both E Math and A Math (taught him for 6 months).
• Wu Duo got A1 for both A Math and E Math in O level
• Keven improved from D7 to B3 in his N level Math (taught him for 1 year, he has dyslexia and is slow in learning).
*A level H1/H2 Math*
• Melody from NYJC got A for H2 Math improved from D.
• Leonard from MI got A for H1 Math improved from B.
• Xinyi from Dumman High passed her
• Jonathan NYJC got B in A level, improved from U.
In the year 2019, I am teaching 10 JC H2 Math students (3 JC1 and 7 JC2). They are from RJC, Duman High, NYJC, NJC, EJC, TMJC, ASRJC), and one H2 further Math student from CJC. They all improved at least 2 grades during prelim exams.
7 H2 Math students, 4 of them got A and the rest got B (improved from U).
Teaching 12 JC2 H2 Math students, I have 2 IB 11 SL students from AIS, 2 IB 12 HL Math students from OFS this year, with 2 IGSCE 10 students from SJI International and Hwa Chong International.
For JC2 H2 Physics, I have 1 student this year.
O level Physics: 3 this year.