Holiday Program for Children - Coding/Robotics
- Date Listed21/11/2020
School holidays have started, do you have any plan to sign up your children for holiday programs? Why not give me a chance?
I'm an instructor registered with MOE with coming to 3 years of teaching coding/robotics in primary & secondary schools for students & teachers. Prior to this, I was an IT Consultant with the then IDA for 14+ years with 7 years in MOE HQ IT Branch supporting schools.
I can go to your place to teach your children on the following topics. You do not need to decide which topic now, just message me & tell me the age of your children & I would propose the appropriate topics that are suitable for your children. If you only have 1 child or your children's age is spaced apart, why not ask the cousin(s) or bff(s) to join for the lesson?
Topics to consider:
Halocode (recommended age 7-15yo)
Lego Wedo 2.0 (recommended age 6-12yo)
mBot (recommended age 10-14yo)
mTiny (recommended age 5-8yo)
microbit (recommended age 10-14yo)
microbit with micro python (recommended age 13-14yo)
Scratch Junior (recommended age 6-8yo)
Scratch (recommended age 9-12yo)
Scratch with microbit (recommended age 10-13yo)
Why me instead of the centres out there? Let me tell you some of the plus points of engaging me.
- I believed I offer a rather attractive price and your children get full hours of learning as packing up of stuff is after the lesson ends, except when the children need to dismantle a Lego model to build the next one.
- I recommend & tailor the programme based on your children’s age.
- The default ratio is 2 children : 1 instructor, which means I can pay more attention to your children & adjust the pace according to your children’s learning progress. There is no point rushing through 3 coding activities if the children cannot understand. It is advisable to work on an activity to make the children understand so that they can apply the concepts in future without any instructor before moving on to the next activity.
- I travel to your place so that your children would only come into contact with me, which is lower risk as compared going to centres that may expose your children to more people there. As your children are at home attending the lesson, they do not need to wear mask (only me would be wearing mask). Also, you & your children do not need to travel to & fro for lessons.
- I do not refund the deposit for any cancellation of lessons because I allow you to reschedule the lessons with 3 days advance notice or the day before/actual lesson day if given mc for flu symptoms/fever or any valid reason dictated by S’pore law such as on quarantine/shn.
- I’m also a parent & I understand the constraints or difficulties that parents may face, so I’m opened to negotiation so long we work together to come to a win-win situation for both parties.
If you would like to let your children to attend some coding lessons, feel free to message me.
Thank you everyone for your support, much appreciated!