Graphic and Product Designer
Date Listed 13/06/2019
Job Type Contract
Company Name Ace Academic Pte Ltd
Education Level Higher Nitec
The Graphics Designer creates visuals to communicate a particular idea, message or concept in an effective and aesthetically pleasing manner. He/She uses traditional forms of art or computer software to design graphic art and visual images for use in publication, print, websites, digital or electronic media. He/She employs a variety of design elements such as colour, font, shape, type, illustration, photography, animation to achieve the desired artistic effects.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for creation or innovation of preschool and primary level learning materials and products development
- Conceptualization, design and development a series of learning materials for an enrichment school. This includes concept and drawing creations of marketing, sales material and collaterals (e.g. brochure, poster, flyer, packaging, signage, events, etc) for our marketing use
- Create cartoon characters to be used in teaching materials
- Plan and design all related digital banners.
- Design all related materials' artwork.
- Design website interface for HTML, CRM and E-commerce sites & corporate identity
- ITE / Diploma / Degree holders in Graphic Design/ Product Design or related discipline.
- Minimum 1 year related working experience.
- Ability to express creativity and develop concepts with excellent free hand drawing.
- Good knowledge of design as well as construction concepts.
- Good knowledge in design software packages such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Flash, Wordpress or other design software.
- Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas.
- Ability to turn a designer’s sketch into a model, maintain design intention and experience with rendering software.
- Competent in handling a high volume of work while maintaining accuracy in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task, processing excellent work attitude with a sense of urgency to produce quality work in a fast paced environment, under minimal supervision
- Excellent in time and design cost management.
- Contract renewal on a yearly basis may have the opportunity to convert fulltime upon project completion.
- Applicants with a portfolio in the education industry will be an advantage.
- Please include a link to your online portfolio or actual portfolio (PDF) in your resume.
~ Design and produce applied design artwork, design illustrations and graphic documents using a range of manual and digital techniques and media.
~ Maintain an awareness of trends and developments in design materials, techniques and technology.
~ Make presentations on the design ideas and concepts.
~ Plan and contribute to the realisation of final design product(s).
~ Research information, develop and select design concepts and early ideas to meet requirements of the design brief.
~ Visualise 2D graphics and 3D objects and translate into digital and/or paper media.
~ Experience in education sector preferred.