Date Listed 18/07/2018
Job Type Full-Time
EA License Number 200500254M
Company Website www.stechnic.com.sg
Company Name System Technic Engineering Pte Ltd
Education Level Degree
You will be joining a well-established Electrical Engineering Company (almost a quarter of a century old) which specialises in maintenance, servicing and testing of electrical installations, 22kV switchgears, transformers, low voltage switchboards and cables up to 22kV.
We believe an engineer should "dirty his hands" and work from the ground up. You will have 3 highly experienced in-house LEWs as mentors – a minefield of knowledge and experience
You can look forward to a challenging and empowering career with an attractive remuneration package and a wide range of personal development opportunities.
The job content is wide and varied with countless opportunities for hands-on work and management:
• Carry out servicing, testing and maintenance of high tension switchgear, transformers, low voltage switchboards
and cables in Distribution network
• Plan and schedule daily jobs
• Assist in conducting Daily Briefings
• Ensure that administrative requirements of clients are met e.g. Submission of name lists for clearance.
• Manage and supervise a team of engineers, technicians and artisans to ensure works are completed as per plan
and schedule, meeting quality & safety objectives.
• Manage and coordinate with clients on schedules, the scope of works, on-site issues, technical issue, etc
• Monitor and ensure staff and workers possess necessary and valid work passes to work.
• Prepare method statements, Work Instructions and other infrastructure documentation.
• Timely completion of site work or project documentation such as service report, test report, post service report
• Ensure compliance with Bizsafe regulation and ISO Quality Standards related to the execution of assigned work
• Assist in company innovation projects such as Mobile Form and Inventory Solution
• Monitor project schedules, provide guideline and supervision for the successful execution of all projects
• Respond to and investigate all incidents and non-compliance issues and complete all appropriate paperwork and
• Other ad-hoc duties as assigned by the management.
Career Progression Plan:
The experience gained on the job will put you well ahead of the pact in your running for professional recognition with the PE Board, EMA and Singapore Power:
• First Goal: Attainment of a PE Certificate
• Second Goal: Attainment of a LEW, grade 9 Licence (22 kV) allowing you to practise in the consumer market
• Third Goal: Attainment of a SP Powergrid Authorised High Voltage Testing Engineer Licence allowing you to carry
out Switchgear Testing Works in SP Powergrid sub-stations
• Long term Goal: There is no shortage of opportunities to climb up the career ladder to lead and manage the
company's operations and business.
Qualifications / Requirements:
• Possess Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering preferably in Power
• Those with Class 3 driving licence would be preferred
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Prior experience in operations/engineering management position
• Possess strong leadership quality, good planning and organizing ability.
• Takes initiative for personal and professional development.
• Willing to work after office hours/weekend and Public Holiday
If you feel this role describes your career aspirations, please share your latest CV with us at email@example.com.