- Date Listed16/09/2020
- Job TypeFull-Time
- Company Websitehttps://tyk.io/
- Company NameTyk Technlogies PTE
What can you do with us?
We’re looking for a Support Engineer to help us build on our reputation for great support, dealing with client support tickets, call requests and community forum posts. In this role you can also contribute to product development, helping implement features and contributing to product discussions, from a support perspective.
We are helping our customers solve their critical API Management issues, whether that be through custom integrations, partnership relationships, or simply troubleshooting upgrades with their engineering team.
You will work with engineers from the product team to enhance our offering and convey the clients’ needs, as well as contribute to the product, support documentation and other supporting assets.
We’re looking for highly-technical people with Support Engineering experience, who are happy to hit the ground running and help to design what great customer support looks like at Tyk. In return, we offer you the opportunity to build your skills as an engineer, through collaborating on our open source product and helping to validate and fix customer issues.
Tyk Customer Support is the best in the business, we’ve been called ‘too fast’ by clients and we’re known for having knowledgeable and quality engineers responding to clients, no ‘first-line support’.Responsibilities:
- Answering complex incoming customer tickets and requests, often involving troubleshooting and reading source code
- Supporting customers over screen shares/calls
- Validating customer bug reports, contributing to the product through fixes
- Validating customer feature requests
- Own and manage severity issues for customers
- Effectively communicate customer support processes to clients
- Contribute to client facing content/documentation to support them better
- Build relationships with existing clients to better understand how they’re using Tyk
- Advocating for the customer at Tyk
- Contributing to the vision for Next Level Support at Tyk
- A good understanding of DevOps and deployment practices and technologies (For instance some of/similar to: Puppet, Chef, Docker, K8s, Cloud services such as AWS and Azure, as well as IaaS such as OpenShift and Heroku)
- Experience providing technical support for a complex product
- Experience working collaboratively with core engineering teams
- Should have experience in a server side programming language, Go would be extremely advantageous
- Good English writing skills
- Background in software development and/or solution architecture
- Degree educated in a STEM subject (NTH)
- General usage of Linux, scripting and related utilities
- Client-facing experience, such as video conference calls and in-person meetings
- Understanding of common internet technologies, protocols, standards and data formats
Everyone has unlimited holiday.
We’re a distributed team. Work from our Singapore office during induction, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, your mums house, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io