Chef de Partie - amazing opportunity
Date Listed 12/07/2019
Job Type Full-Time
Company Name Burger & Lobster
Education Level Not Specified
In 2011 the story began with four schoolmates on a rooftop in London. They came up with the idea to set up a restaurant where the focus was on perfecting the craft of just one or two main ingredients. In a small Irish pub in Mayfair, the first Burger & Lobster was born.
Since then, we have been bringing wild lobsters and prime cut burgers to fun and passionate personalities around the world who share our appetite for creativity. Simplicity is at the core of the Burger & Lobster concept, with respect for great food and quality service.
Today, we craft prime burgers, serve wild, fresh Atlantic lobsters and shake up a tempting cocktail list.Burger and Lobster currently have multiple sites in London, New York, Dubai, Bangkok, Malaysia’s Genting Highlands and Kuwait City.
Purpose of the Role:
The purpose of the Chef de Partie role is to manage the burger or lobster section and ensure that dishes are prepared, cooked and served to the company standard and specification.
The Chef De Partie may be required to deputise in the absence of the Chef in charge and will be required to supervise and guide junior chefs and kitchen porters.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Carry out section check when starting shift, checking production levels, stock levels, cleanliness and ensure that all ingredients are available and in sufficient quantities and of the right quality for the day’s production.
- Set up your section and organise it ready for service – ensure that everything required is ready to hand and that you are completely ready for a busy service.
- Monitor section stock levels throughout the shift and communicate regularly with Head Chef/Sous Chef and have good understanding of the kitchen screens to ensure a smooth efficient service.
- Carry out temperature checks and date checks on all food items – checking that labels are completed to the health and safety standard and use-by dates are adhered to.
- Prepare dishes to B&L specification for ingredients, preparation and presentation.
- Ensure that finished dishes are promptly sent to tables in the correct sequence according to QSR.
- Ensure that dry goods, refrigerated and frozen foodstuffs are kept at correct temperatures and that the company health and safety standards and processes are maintained.
- Carry out stock rotation throughout the shift – ensuring that all ingredients are fresh and that waste is minimised.
- Ensure that the closing down procedures are always followed at the end of each shift and that standards of cleanliness are maintained.
Key Skills Required:
- Previous experience in the same position
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills
- Singaporean only
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $2,300.00 to $2,500.00 /month