Commis Chef - amazing opportunity
Date Listed 12/07/2019
Job Type Full-Time
Company Name Burger & Lobster
In 2011 the story began with four schoolmates on a rooftop in London. They came up with the idea to set up a restaurant where the focus was on perfecting the craft of just one or two main ingredients. In a small Irish pub in Mayfair, the first Burger & Lobster was born.
Since then, we have been bringing wild lobsters and prime cut burgers to fun and passionate personalities around the world who share our appetite for creativity. Simplicity is at the core of the Burger & Lobster concept, with respect for great food and quality service.
Today, we craft prime burgers, serve wild, fresh Atlantic lobsters and shake up a tempting cocktail list.
Burger and Lobster currently have multiple sites in London, New York, Dubai, Bangkok, Malaysia’s Genting Highlands and Kuwait City.
Purpose of the Role:
The Commis Chef is under the direct supervision of the senior kitchen management.
The Commis Chef’s role includes being responsible for the operations in the Kitchen and assisting in the preparation and service of food to maintain high levels of service in our restaurants.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- To help organize and set the kitchen for service
- To take responsibility for the quality and of not only the ingredients but the finished product produced on the section
- To ensure good stock rotation is in place
- To ensure a high quality of food is prepared
- To ensure the preparation sections and clean before the start of the service
- To be aware of the open kitchen environment within Burger and Lobster restaurants, and act responsible in front of the customers
- To be aware of your role in the kitchen and respect the team
- To be in control of the section and work well with other commis and chef de parties working on the section
- To work well within a team and to help others when necessary
- To ensure health and safety procedures are followed at all times where food preparation is concerned
- To assist Head chef and the Sous Chefs with the ordering of food
- To fill in the daily kitchen diary
- To ensure the preparation sections and clean at the end of the service
Key Skills Required:
- Previous experience in the same position
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Singaporean only
Job Type: Full-time
salary: $1,800 - $2,000 / month