Cook- Kitchen assistant
Date Listed 14/03/2019
Job Type Full-Time
Education Level Not Specified
(we will not respond to emails/messages that do not include updated resume/CV)Job Description
Our Mediterranean restaurant is looking to expand our kitchen team.
Assist in all food production in the restaurant including bakery, desserts and certain drinks. Maintain highest professional food quality and sanitation standards.
- To attend weekly management meetings
- To participate in weekly meetings with designated team to discuss standards of operation improvements
- preparation and control of daily and weekly market lists and to ensure mis en place is completed accordingly
- Schedules and coordinates the work roster for the kitchen team to assure that food preparation is efficient and productive and within budgeted labour cost target
- Approves the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies
- Ensures high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times
- Plan & co-ordinate the restaurant menu implementations in a timely manner.
- Handle customer comments and complaints and take swift corrective action after consultation with the Senior Chef.
- Establishes controls to minimize food and supply wastage and pilferage
- Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which will help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs; exercise portion control for all items served and assists in establishing menu selling price
- Assist in preparation of necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; projects annual food, labour and other costs and monitors actual financial results; takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that financial goals are met
- Ensure strict adherence of food safety, sanitation and hygiene requirements and practices
- Follows and adheres to Company policies, processes, and procedures accordingly
- To attend training/meetings as and when required
- Ad-hoc duties/projects assigned by Management
- Complete weekly inspections of kitchens and restaurants report with a corrective action and follow-ups.
- Possess a strong passion for culinary works
- 2-4 years of relevant working experience in a similar capacity.
- The ideal candidate would have the following attributes:
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Experience and creative in menu planning
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
Interested candidates, please submit a comprehensive resume, stating starting expected salary and date of availability
Job Type: Full-time