Head Chef - Ice Cream & Pastry
- Date Listed09/09/2019
- Job TypeFull-Time
- EA License Number201527909C
- Company Websitekindkones.com
- Company NameKind Kones
- Education LevelDegree
We are expanding our kitchen and growing our kitchen team. We are looking for a Head Chef - Ice Cream & Pastry.
This individual is responsible for overseeing the teams managing the day-to-day operations of the ice cream & pastry sections of the kitchen. Responsibilities will also include planning production, product & recipe development, and costing as they contribute to efficient kitchen operations.
1. Work closely with Founder on new product launches and train staff on execution of all recipes
2. Document all recipes under product development, analyze costing, and test shelf life and temperature checks before any new products are recommended for launch
3. Purchase and stock all ice cream and baking materials for the kitchen within budget
4. Prepare and decorate a variety of pastry items, as needed; Determine ice cream and pastry decoration appropriate for transport and outlet display
5. Analyze feedback and/or any customer development learnings to improve existing products or identify successful new product launches
6. Stay up to date on the latest trends & developments related to vegan ice cream and pastry
7. Ensure compliance with food hygiene and Health and Safety standards and have staff maintain a clean, sanitary, and functional kitchen space
8. Guide and motivate ice cream and pastry team to work efficiently
1. Minimum 5 years pastry kitchen experience and 2 years leading a team
2. Good knowledge of different types of pastry, dessert, cake decorating
3. Specialization in vegan desserts is an advantage, but not required; has a keen interest to apply technical skills in this area
4. Ability to work a variety of shifts including weekends and public holidays, as needed.
5. Positive attitude with good communication and interpersonal skills.
6. Possess professional disposition with the ability to work with a variety of people and cooperate with co-workers efficiently and effectively
7. Creative super star that also possesses strong organization, problem-solving, and process-oriented skills
Bachelors in Culinary Arts Management
1. Salary commensurate with experience
2. Annual Leave (eligible after probation)
3. Replacement Leave (when working PH)
3. Medical & Medical Leave (eligible after probation)
4. Staff discount
5. Miscellaneous allowance for continuous education
6. Fun & vibrant work environment with a mission to enrich lives through healthy & conscious consumption