Assistant Nurse Manager (Nursing Home / Yishun / SNB / 5 days / No Shift / up to $4700)
- Date Listed03/09/2021
- Job TypeFull-Time
- Responsible for the professional nursing care of all residents under her charge by overseeing daily operations by ensuring shifts are adequately staffed.
- Utilises a holistic and multifaceted approach to plan and execute care to meet residents’ care needs and ensure that the Home’s nursing services meet and adhere to regulations and licensing requirements.
- Liaise between the Nursing department and medical practitioners, dietitian and pharmacists as needed to help facilitate residents’ care.
- Deputise in the absence of the Nurse Manager and acts as a resource person for Staff Nurses and below within the Nursing department.
- Assist the Nurse Manager in coordinating and facilitating nursing care services according to established standards in the management of residential care units. Evaluate resident care activities and recommend improvements.
- Plan and schedule daily work for nursing staffs work with Nurse Manager to determine staffing requirements and shift schedules.
- Educate and supervise conduct of correct nursing practices and high service standards beside supervise and guide nurses in providing quality care to ensure residents’ satisfaction and safety.
- Monitor performance of all categories of staff from Staff Nurses and below and provide feedback to the Nurse Manager.
- Monitor and evaluate nursing workflows, systems and processes to bring about safe, competent, compassionate and holistic care.
- Coordinate and oversee induction and orientation programs to new staff, promoted or re-designated staff to meet role and work requirements of the job. Induct new staff personally if required.
- Conduct performance appraisal and counselling of staff on unprofessional conduct and practices.
- Supervises and provides clinical guidance to the healthcare team by being actively involved in direct resident care.
- Identifying and presenting resident care issues for professional transdisciplinary discussions at clinical conference and other platforms.
- Conducting nursing rounds to identify clinical and service issue with the aim of addressing and closing gaps in care.
- Communicating and collaborating with intra- and inter-departmental staff, residents and relatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Nursing.
- Degree in health-related subject or equivalent / Post-basic certificate / Advanced Diploma in a Nursing specialty / Graduate of a Diploma in Nursing Programme, recognised by Singapore Nursing Board.
- At least two years of working experience in a similar position in a medium or large-sized Nursing Home; or at least 6 years or more of nursing experience as a Senior Staff Nurse in an acute or community hospital.
- Possess State Registered Nurse license
- Valid Practising License with Singapore Nursing Board
- Possess interpersonal skills and passionate working with elderly.
If you are interested to apply, kindly WhatsApp or Email me your updated resume in DOC file and allow our Consultant to match you with our Clients.
Whatsapp: +65 90757902 (Debbie Tan)
Reg No: R2095859
EA No: 14C7279