Principal Data Scientist
Date Listed 07/08/2018
Job Type Full-Time
EA License Number --
Company Name TBA
Education Level Master
• Lead a team of data scientists to perform data science (DS) work to enhance decision-making in policy, operations and resource management.
• Anticipate and solve strategic and high-risk business problems with broad impact on business domains by applying leading-edge theories and techniques to investigate problems, derive insights and recommend solutions.
• Guide the visualisation and presentation of findings to management and stakeholders.
• Provide technical perspectives in the development of enterprise-wide strategies, and are the DS subject matter expert when engaging and consulting with representatives from business domains and partners.
• Also lead, supervise and develop your team of data scientists in Data Science concepts, techniques and related competency areas. Additionally, you motivate each member to probe and challenge the Data Science work conducted by others, and host periodic technical knowledge sharing sessions for the wider community.
• Challenge lies in defending the interpretation of the data science results from business domains which might have pre-conceived notion of what the expected results should be.
Must have a postgraduate degree in statistics, machine learning, computer science, operation research or a related quantitative discipline. Knowledge of cognitive psychology would be an advantage.
Should have at least 8 years’ work experience in a DS/analytics role and in the application of advanced DS techniques such as text analytics, data mining, clustering, machine learning, modeling and simulation.
Should also have hands-on expertise in the use of at least one programming language (e.g. Python, R, Matlab, Java).
Possession of strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, and being curious and creative, are essential.
If interested, kindly message me to apply. Thanks.