Level 2 IT Support Engineer
Date Listed 08/05/2019
Job Type Full-Time
Company Website www.micro2000.com.sg
Company Name Micro 2000 Technology Pte Ltd
Education Level Diploma
Troubleshooting and resolution of incidents at the project site
- To attend and troubleshoot all ICT incidents that are escalated via Service Desk or by the Customer
- To ensure all incidents are logged via the ITSM portal or Service Desk
- All ICT incidents must be responded to within the SLA of the incident ticket that is assigned to the engineer.
Setting up of ICT equipment and providing standby support for seasonal activities s as stipulated by customer.
Supporting Customers’ ICT projects & explorations:
Test Customers’ purchased software;
Install Customers’ purchased software on selected computing devices including patch deployment and upgrades, if deemed more cost and operationally effective than using software distribution system
Regularly charging all EUCDs for loan (in mobile carts or otherwise) so that they are available for use when needed.
Updating ICT equipment records (e.g. location of equipment) in the Asset Management System within 3 working days.
Managing the loan of ICT equipment to staff.
Assisting to push mobile carts to classrooms, if needed.
Carrying out routine and operational scheduled work:
Carrying out preventive maintenance on a quarterly basis (preferably during the school holidays). The tasks shall include the following:
- Hard disk defragmentation to optimise the hard disk space and improve access speed;
- Hard disk scanning to ensure integrity of the directory structures and folder integrity, and also to perform thorough scanning of the hard disk sectors to locate and remove bad sectors; and
- Performing necessary proactive actions after checking hard disk utilisation (disk free space).
- Regularly build and maintain hard disk images, according to the specific ICT equipment used by the Customer. The image shall include the latest update of patches, Services releases, upgrades and software as dictated by the Government and Customers.
- Carrying out re-installation (cloning) of desktop images during June and December school holidays.
Annual physical stock take for ICT equipment:
- Installation of any Applications/upgrades (if needed) and standard software/upgrades (for clients not installed through software distribution).
- Ensuring that all EUCDs owned by the Customers are updated with the security patches according to the patch management schedule.
- The Desktop Engineers may be assigned with other ICT related tasks that the Customers require.
- National ITE Certificate in Info-Communications Technology, Higher National ITE Certificate in Information Technology or the equivalent, or higher;
- At least ONE (1) year relevant ICT experience;
- Excellent technical support skills; (Require to pass the assessment test)
- Good communications and inter-personal skills and are able to express themselves clearly in both spoken and written English.