Pre/Post Sales Network Engineer
Date Listed 05/04/2019
Job Type Full-Time
EA License Number 06C4642
Company Name Oaktree Consulting
Education Level Diploma
Position 1 : Presales Network Engineer
• Provide pre-sales technical support to sales account manager throughout sales cycle to achieve business objectives
• Generate technical network/system proposals based on technology and our product and solution offerings
• Conduct technical solution presentation, product update and technical training
• Perform Proof of Concept (POC) testing and solution evaluation
• Offer technical consultancy and advices to customers
• Work with post-sales team to ensure solution is delivered as proposed
• Maintain good rapport with customers and vendors
• Tertiary education in Computer Networks or Information Technology
• Minimum 2 years relevant experience preferred for pre-sales position
• Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills are essential
• Ability to generate, propose and present technical solutions
• Experience in designing large enterprise and service provider networks.
• Good knowledge and hands on experience in any of the following areas:
o LAN, WAN, STP, OSPF, ISIS, BGP, MPLS, Multicast and IPv6.
o IP, Ethernet, OTN, DWDM and SONET/SDH.
o Data Center, Virtualization, Cloud Computing, SDN and NFV.
o Wireless LAN technologies such as 802.11a/b/g/n/ac and wireless security.
o Network security solutions such as Firewall.
• Resourceful, strong problem-solving skills with ability to handle work related stress
• Ability to lead customers’ meetings and conference calls
• Strong command of both spoken and written English.
Position 2 : Post Sales Network Engineer
1. Provide technical support services remotely or onsite as per service level agreement.
2. Perform technical professional services for projects such as high/low level design documents (HLD/LLD), implementation, testing, commissioning, migration and system documentation
3. Develop test cases and conduct hardware & software regression tests on new software/hardware prior to deployment or proof of concept of solutions
4. Perform periodic preventive maintenance on customers’ networks.
5. Prepare operation and management reports when required.
6. Maintain rapport with customers and competence in managing vendors
7. Administrative support of RMAs
1. Candidate must possess at least Diploma/Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma in Engineering (Computer/Telecommunication), Engineering (Electrical/Electronic), Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
2. At least 2 Year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
3. Self-motivated with strong sense of responsibility, initiative, urgency and commitment
4. Possess an analytical mind with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently and cope with pressure
5. Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
6. Able to work flexi hours (even after office hours when required)
7. Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources
8. Preferably with experience in managing and implementing network infrastructure projects for service providers, financial, education institutions and large enterprises
Please send in your resume in MS Word format to email@example.com
Manimalah Suppiah, EA License No : 06C4642, EA Reg No : R1105598