Software Engineer (Java)
Date Listed 06/09/2018
Job Type Full-Time
Responsibilities:Develops information systems by designing, developing, and installing software solutions
Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions
Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming
Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
Obtains and licenses software by obtaining required information from vendors; recommending purchases; testing and approving products
Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues
Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
Ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Diploma/ Degree in Electrical / Electronics / Computer Science / Engineering/ IT with minimum 2 years of experience in software application development.
- Experience in integrating code with existing systems, and interfacing with hardware (through APIs etc.) is crucial
- Proficient in:
- JAVA/J2EE platform in Windows and/or UNIX environment
- software version configuration tool, automated testing tools
- system integration using RESTful, major ESB, messaging bus, TCP/IP etc
- Database administration (advanced functions, views, queries)
- Database schema mapping
- Database performance fine-tuning, log analysis and monitoring
- L1/L2 support for database troubleshooting
- Preferred: Exposure to different database structures such as MySQL (RDBMS), MongoDB (document DB) and OrientDB (graph DB)
- Highly motivated, strong passion in software development/integration work and willing to work in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Good communication and collaboration skills with problem-solving skills
- Familiar with software version configuration tool, automated testing tools