Butchery Division (Butcher)
- Date Listed12/07/2019
- Job TypeFull-Time
- Company NameS FOODS SINGAPORE PTE. LTD.
- Education LevelNot Specified
• Ensures all food is prepared fresh and is of the highest quality
• Strictly adheres to all procedures and corporate specifications, methods and instructions from supervisor
• Reports to work on-time and in a clean uniform
• Maintains an organized and efficient flow of production, with regards to changes in forecasts and menus
• Responsible for procurement, defrosting, and cleaning of all protein items
• Consistently checks temperatures in foods and follows proper procedures in regards to chilling and holding food.
• Reports waste to supervisors on a daily basis
• Checks station upon arrival to determine status of outstanding safety, or equipment issues
• Checks station prior to leaving to ensure cleanliness, proper disposal/removal of food, and proper storing and labelling
• Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
• Knowledge of all basic cooking techniques and skills are required, including: knife skills, basic cuts, and all cooking methods.
• Knowledge of all basic equipment is required, including: grinders and slicers.
• Comprehensive understanding of composition, structure, and quality factors of all proteins is required.
• Must comprehend how structural factors including muscle, fibers, and connective techniques impact appropriate cooking methods, recipes and fabrication.
• Must comprehend the inspection criteria, quality grading, and yield grading.
• Must comprehend the aging process including green meat.
• Minimum one year experience fabricating all proteins is required and must also understand storage requirements and implications.
• Minimum of one year experience in a butcher shop is required. Formal culinary training from a recognized educational institution may substitute for this requirement at an equivalent rate.