E884 - Taisho Koto (Taishogoto) - Electronic, Suzuki (WARAKU) TES-101 (NgYL)
Date Listed 09/07/2017
Electronic Taisho Koto (Taishogoto) SUZUKI Waraku TES-101 With Hard Case.
Well maintained and tested.
A copy of Japanese edition user manual on Suzuki Waraku, and AC100V to DC9V adaptor will be provided.
- Suzuki WARAKU is an Japanese made electronic musical instrument for playing traditional and modern music.
- WARAKU looks like classic Japanese taisho koto (Japanese harp)
- but WARAKU is truly an electronic musical instrument and not acoustic.
- WARAKU was very expensive and made limited quantity in those days.
- it was made for the small circle of the people who seriously studying Japanese traditional music and never sold at ordinary musical instruments market.
- so i'ts very hard to find now even in Japan these days.
- this is your first and last chance to get this bizzare exotic gem.
- first of all it's very beautifully designed, built in classy exotic wood case as in classic taisho koto (Japanese peacock harp) shape.
- with 27-key keyboard (same key as classic Japanese taisho koto) and 5-string bridge and 4 assignable drum pads
- it has 16 instrument sounds (all exotic Japanese traditional instruments like koto, shamisen, shakuhachi, weird voice etc).
- and in percussion mode you can play many exotic percussion by keyboard or assignable drum pads.
- there are pitch bend lever and vibrate switch, OUTPUT JACK and HEADPHONE OUT and MIDI OUT.
- so you can play external MIDI module by WARAKU's unique 5 strings or keyboard
- size is approximate W89 cm D17 cm H 10cm
- you can play WARAKU by keyboards or 5 string bridge and 4 assignable drum pads
- this unique 5-string bridge can play by usual guitar pick
- hold one key of the keyboard and play each 5-string bridge by pick like guitar
- 5-string bridge simulate Japanese traditional instrument like Taisho Koto and etc.
- Japanese harp musicians often use fast trill play so it has top 3 strings with same sounds
- 4th string is 1 octave lower from first 3 strings (in the case you choose Taisho Koto, other case same as above 3 strings)
- 5th strings is a bass string (you can set it to your favourite tone)
- string is strike/vibrate sensitive with velocity and is functionally electronic,
- it's not just simply electrical amplified like usual electric guitar, but completely electronic.
- WARAKU has MIDI OUT so you can play another MIDI synth by this unique 5-string bridge
- this 5 strings are very effective for guitar bass kind of string instruments
- it's feeling like guitar synthesizer.
- 4 drum pads are also touch sensitive and can be easily played by your fingers
- drum sounds consists of many exotic Japanese traditional percussion
- of course in drum mode you can play all of them on keyboard.
- WARAKU's sounds are very hi-quality, exotic and strange, very unique original sounds
- and playing by 5-string bridge with pick is very unique and fun experience.
- The item has minor fine scratches on wood surface and minor rust on strings but does not affect the performance.
- Well maintained and tested ok.