Chinese Strengthening Course (At Bugis)
Date Listed 01/12/2018
Our new location @ Bugis!
We are using Study Box (3 mins walk from Bugis MRT) as one of our tuition class locations.
Equipped with air-conditioning, large screen for presentation, whiteboard, comfortable chairs and tables, this is one of the best places one can have lessons/courses in!
Sign up with us today: inspiren.strikingly.com
Differentiating itself from conventional teaching of 词语 (vocabulary) and exam paper-drilling in schools and most other tuition centres, Inspiren's speciality All-round Chinese Strengthening Programme goes deep into word basics, grammar, sentence construction, speaking habits, writing habits and strokes recognition, etc., all based upon the philosophy of 'thinking with the Chinese mind'.
Desired outcomes in students of Inspiren's programme include:
- deep understanding of Chinese words, their meanings, how they form into a 词 (word compound) and 词组 (groups of words)
- ability to write proper, grammatically-correct Chinese sentences, instead of 'English-translated sentences'.
- ability to speak like a native Chinese while knowing the local nuances to the language
- ability to understand the workings and usage of the Chinese language 'from a Chinese perpective'
All these done in a comfortable, fun and interesting way using the following strategies:
- step-by-step approach to building the 'blocks' of language learning
- deep explanation of word meanings to let students fully grasp the nuance and use of the words and pharses, and make logical links (联想) with other words and phrases, ie. 'wasting more time at the start so as to save much more time later when learning new words'
- use of English explanation to word use to aid understanding and learning
- use of video stimulus as appropriate to increase native exposure to the language
Lesson plan of the 4-month strengthening programme (16 lessons):
Lesson 1 - Places 地方名称
Lesson 2 - Actions and Positions 动作和方位
Lesson 3 -Adverbs 副词
Lesson 4 - Speaking 说话
Lesson 5 - Recognising words 认字
Lesson 6 - Writing strokes and words 笔画和写字