Nervous about an upcoming WSQ Audit?
- Date Listed06/03/2020
Like everyone else, if this is your first time going through the WSQ Audit, you are likely to be nervous.
Training managers and management representatives can get a little jittery especially if this is their first time sitting in the WSQ audit.
This is understandable because suspension is not uncommon with ATOs who failed to comply with the WSQ Audit requirements. And there is a great deal at stake for the training centre when it loses its ATO accreditation.
A suspension will not only result in a loss of income for the centre but will also cause the centre's entire operational system to come under WSQ's closer scrutiny.
Usually, a suspension will also impact the ATO's chances of future CFPs as WSQ will not look favourably upon an ATO with a non-compliant record.
So, paying attention to the audit and ensuring that compliance is not an issue is the most important thing you can do to maintain your long-term status as an ATO.
There can be zillions of things going through your mind before an audit, such as:
- What will the auditor look for?
- Will they cover the entire system processes?
- Which areas do I need to pay attention to?
- Do I have all the necessary evidence ready?
- How do I organise all the evidence logically?
- Do I need to be familiar with everything in the SOP?
- Is everything at the right place?
- What if I fumble? What are the key WSQ jargons used?
- Can I explain processes in PDCA format?
- Who else should sit in with me in the audit?
- How do we take questions?
- Who should answer the questions?
- Do I need to call in all process owners or only when asked?
- How many questions will auditors ask?
- Which folders should I prepare for the auditor?
- Carrying out a mock audit before the actual day
- Identifying gaps and recommending AFIs
- Setting up the audit room
- Briefing the team for audit day
- Formatting an effective presentation
A well-prepared audit day will not only save your day but can help you build better relationship with WSQ and open up new possibilities.
So, why not call in the WSQ CIR expert to help you reduce your stress, improve your future opportunities and get the job done well?
Contact us today via this ad or go to our website to view our other WSQ and ISO 29990/29993 services here: https://bullrunconsult.com/