Mandarin Speaking Guide
- Date Listed22/09/2021
- Job TypePart-Time
- Company WebsiteGetSetUp.io
- Company NameGetSetUp
GetSetUp is an online community of people who want to learn new skills, connect with others and unlock new life experiences. Our safe, social and interactive learning environment has been specifically designed for older adults. Classes are taught by older adults and kept small to ensure everyone can actively participate. We help older adults stay mentally and physically fit, we create economic opportunities through jobs and re-skilling, and we create a community where people find meaning and purpose by helping each other and forming new connections. Founded in 2019, GetSetUp is headquartered in San Francisco.
GetSetup Guides-Instructors teach online classes, part-time to older adults (50+). They design, develop, and teach classes in subjects for which they have knowledge, interest, and passion. Guide-Instructors teach small, interactive, instructive classes. They use their love of teaching and excellent communication skills to engage, instruct and delight our older adult learners as they learn new technology and topics.
Guides represent the GetSetup brand and receive comprehensive training in our tools, customer engagement, and virtual instruction so that they are highly effective at meeting the needs of our customers. They work part-time and host at least 5 online sessions per week (1 hour each).
Mandarin Classes (Take a Class with Us):
Facebook Group of Mandarin Community：https://www.facebook.com/groups/4242204469159673
(1) Teach online classes (using Zoom) in subjects in which you have expertise, skill or certification in Mandarin.
(2) Develop and submit new class ideas, and create class outlines/curriculums for new classes.
(3) Complete GetSetUp administrative tasks such as submit hours, send post-session notes to customers, interact with learners in Facebook group, etc. in a timely fashion.
(1) You are fluent in Mandarin and in English. Demonstrable expertise and knowledge in your areas, and can teach/present at least two different topics in Mandarin. (topics can be but not limited to: cooking, gardening, fitness, travel, dance, tech-use, photography, handcraft, beauty, etc.)
(2) You are a good communicator and have strong empathy for the learner.
(3) You know older adults well and are able to teach classes for them (50+ years old).
(4) You are curious and eager to explore new areas for topics related to interests and passion.
(5) Technical acumen - Prefer familiarity and experience with Zoom, Google tools.
(6) Flexible schedule. Work hours will be based on business need.
(7) Previous teaching /coaching experience is desired.
(1) Teach at least 5-10 sessions (1 hours each) per week.
(2) Attend mandatory GetSetUp training sessions and meetings if scheduled.
(1) High speed internet.
(2) Computer with camera and microphone.
(3) Quiet, distraction-free work space with a door you can close.
(4) Good lighting in the room you will work from.