Date Listed 20/06/2019
Job Type Internship
Company Website https://empact.staffondemand.sg/ad/qd-6
Company Name Empact Pte Ltd
Education Level Diploma
Empact was established in November 2011. We empower non-profit organisations and social enterprises (social organisations) by providing them access to affordable and professional services that are critical to their daily operations.
Through us, we allow individuals, corporations, tertiary institutions and associations to volunteer their time and skills for these social organisations. We manage and interface with these social organisations so that the volunteers can focus on contributing their skills and expertise. It is with this philosophy, that we were awarded the New Initiative Grant by the National Volunteer and Philanthropy Centre (NVPC) in March 2012.
By tapping on our network, we are also able to work with grantmakers in the community to channel their funds to social organisations and causes that best meet their objectives.
Empact is seeking an Intern to join our Advisory team. The Intern would work together with our Consultants on multiple projects concurrently, to serve stakeholders such as social enterprises & non-profit organisations (collectively referred to as “social organisations”) clients, government partners, and volunteers.
The individual would be responsible for providing support on projects, including to:
• Conduct desktop research and literature reviews to support the discovery of sector-specific solutions
• Assist in quantitative and qualitative data collection, transcribing and analysis for programme evaluation
• Prepare presentations and tools for effective stakeholder communication
• Participate in client meetings and document key discussions
• Assist in preparation of reports to monitor projects status for stakeholder relations
As Empact is a fast-growing social enterprise, this is truly an opportunity for individuals who are motivated to exercise and stretch their different skill sets and gain professional development. The Intern can expect to gain insights from his assigned mentor. He can also choose to work on an area that excites him and be responsible for an internal organisational development project that he would propose. The abilities to innovate, find creative solutions to unprecedented clients’ needs, and a broad knowledge base that the individual may tap on are key to excelling in this role.
The Intern is required to:
• Commit full-time or part-time (minimally 3 full work days on fixed days of the week) for a minimum period of 3 months.
• Possess keen interest in designing and implementing community programs, designing training and developmental programs, research and evaluation of social impact or general consulting/advisory work.
• Be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (esp. Power Point and Excel). A good understanding of other software to develop business presentations, photo and video edits, and statistical analysis would be considered favourably.
• Be comfortable as an independent worker and to communicate with team members.
Period required: 6 months full time preferred. Part-time minimum 3 months, 3 consecutive days a week