Freelance Translator [Japanese-English]
Date Listed 19/09/2018
Job Type Part-Time
Company Name Isentia
Education Level Not Specified
We are looking for someone who can read and write Japanese and translate it to English summaries in our reports, so the English writing style should preferably be in a narrative reporting tone. Job scope would involve translating news from various news outlets.
Below are the job requirements and job description for your consideration.
1. Fluent in Japanese and English
2. Proficient in WhatsApp and Skype
3. Excellent Internet connection
4. Fast typing skills
5. Fast translation skills with excellent quality output
6. Good research skills
7. Has access to e-mail
8. Respectful, polite and committed
9. Must have MS Word and PowerPoint or Publisher (for screenshot)
10. Able to work well under pressure
1. Be available for translation from SGT 12pm - 3pm (working shift is negotiable and will be confirmed closer to acceptance of role).
2. Possible to be work any time of the day to translate (including but not always in the afternoon, evening and weekends).
You may work via mobile, laptop, tablet, etc anywhere as long as you meet the deadline
3. Respond immediately to questions and give updates on progress with articles in a prompt and timely manner
4. Give advance notice (the night before; 2 hrs before work for emergency cases) if unable to work for the day
5. Accurately translate articles to English. Timeline of work are as follows:
A. 15 mins MAX for short articles and summary
B. 25 mins MAX for medium-length articles
C. 45-50 MAX mins for long articles
6. Format in Word Document using template provided (for certain clients)
7. Research and provide correct English names of organizations, institutions, people, etc
8. Submit articles ON TIME based on deadline provided by client.
9. Submit invoice provided before cut off.