Swimming Teacher (Trainee)
Date Listed 27/08/2018
Job Type Part-Time
Company Website https://www.swimmingteacherinstitute.asia
Company Name Swimming Teacher Institute
Education Level Not Specified
Take the splash and plunge into a highly rewarding career! The Swimming Teacher Institute (STI) is opening its doors for a new batch of swimming instructors to join us and embark on an amazing underwater adventure! In the past 2 years, STI has trained up to 300 swimming instructors in Singapore, giving the skill of swim teaching to many and opening up more opportunities for careers in the private swimming industry. Don't worry if you have never taught swimming before – WE WILL TRAIN YOU!
- High potential earning income as a private swimming instructor (Earn up to $65 / half an hour - One student)
- Flexible teaching hours and location set by you
- Get internationally recognized certification to teach swimming in 3-4 months time
- Singaporean Citizen
- Possess a Diploma/University Degree
- Can swim at least one stroke (e.g. freestyle or breaststroke)
- Able to tread water for a minimum of 3 minutes
Interested parties will need to undergo a swim teacher training course. This training will be conducted by the Swimming Teacher Institute (STI) - Team of highly qualified coaches where we use a tried-and-proven course curriculum to ensure we produce the most capable and effective swimming teachers in our industry.
What You Will Learn:
- Teach toddlers (from 6 months and up), kids and adults on how to swim
- Brush up on your stroke mechanics
- Be equipped with Lifesaving and Basic First aid / CPR / AED knowledge
- Joey Lingo -- a proprietary teaching methodology for children using psychology techniques
- Marketing, Branding, and Effective Communication
- Undergo real-life case studies and industry attachments with renowned swim schools and swim coaches
Note: The certificate that you achieve from the course is a compulsory requirement to become a swim teacher in Singapore. After attaining this certificate, you can choose to become either a private swim teacher or/and work for our partner swim schools (subjected to the availability and choice of the swim schools). The cost of the course will be borne entirely by the interested party, however, should you be selected by a swim school, certain swim schools might also subsidise the cost partially or fully for its instructors.
Ready to become a swimming instructor? Apply now for one of our information sessions and one of our friendly STI crew members will be in touch with you shortly.