URGENT - YOUTH WORKER TO SUPPORT TIER 3 AT-RISK STUDENTS
- Date Listed13/01/2021
- Company Websitehttp://promatan.com
- Company NamePromatan Pte Ltd
Youth Worker Roles:
1. To interact with the identified students on a regular basis over a prolonged duration (1 year) and provide positive mentoring and counselling support for students.
2. To connect with identified students, build positive relationships and contribute to the holistic development of the students.
3. To plan and conduct intervention programmes, including house visits where necessary, customised to students’ needs and aligned to the school’s efforts in character development. •
4. To observe and identify some of the key needs of the students and to report such cases to the Student Management Key Personnel/ School Leaders for further intervention/ support. •
5. To attend case review/ case management meetings with relevant school personnel to provide feedback on students’ needs, programme experience and concerns, so that the school can better support the students.
6. To conduct themselves professionally in their interactions with the students and school personnel, and working with the Student Management and Student Development teams in supporting the students.
7. To practise the areas of responsibilities and behaviour during all of his or her school engagements as listed in Annex C – Expectations of Instructor
• Youth Workers are required to be registered Social Workers in Singapore and have experience or training in fields related to social and emotional learning.
• A tertiary qualification in counselling/psychology/social work, or relevant experience and expertise
• Ability to engage students
• Facilitation skills in group work
• A team player with good organisation, time management and communication skills •
• A passion and disposition for working with at-risk students and their families, and a positive belief in their potential
• Preferably at least 3 years of working experience in the social service sector, working with and supporting at-risk students and families would be an advantage
Contract Period: From 11 Jan 2021 to 10 Nov 2021
1.5 days per week:
9.00 am to 5.30pm on Wednesdays (inclusive of lunch break) AND
10.00am to 2.30pm (inclusive of lunch break) on Fridays.
*There may be extension of working hours due to exigencies of service.
Please submit your complete CV including your expected salary, and notice period and relevant supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Application closing 14 January 2021