Help for Undergrad Statistics, Economics & Econometrics
- Date Listed10/04/2019
- Education LevelDegree
My name is Ben and I provide 1-1 and group tuition for
- Economics, Econometrics, Statistics to poly students, undergrads, graduates
Do contact me at 81219742 or email@example.com to enquire more.
Currently teaching students from
Undergrad: Econometrics (SMU), Statistics (NTU), Managerial Economics, Statistics (SUSS), Maths, Statistics and Economics (UOL), Econometrics (NUS)
Graduate: Analysis for PhD thesis, Statistics for MBA
Some info about me:
- I have a Bachelors' degree in Mathematics & Economics (2nd Uppers), graduated in 2016.
- I have been tutoring undergrad and masters level modules since 2016.
- Since then, I've taught over 200 local & private uni students
- I maintain a 100% pass rate for uni subjects. Most obtain a B+ grade at least.
Why engage me as a tutor?
- I am able to make the subjects relatable to you. I do not simply teach students to memorise a formula. I firmly believe that understanding the concept is more important. Hence, I use examples in practical situations to illustrate how & why we are applying certain concepts.
- I am experienced: Besides full-time students, I have a varied clientele including biostatisticians, social science researchers, clinical psychologists, directors, teachers, admin managers and even air stewards. Having met students with different abilities in statistics & economics, I am able to adjust the pace of the lessons to your ability & needs.
- Students come from various background and nationalities, including locals(Singaporean), Malaysians, Thai, Burmese, Indians, Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, British, Americans, Australians and even a Mauritian.
Here are some of the common uni courses/modules that I have taught:
- Kaplan: Data Analysis for Decision Makers, EPGE
- SUSS: BUS105 (Statistics), BUS107 (Quantitative Methods), ECO201 (Managerial Economics)
- UOL: MT2076 (Management Mathematics), MT105AW (Mathematics I), ST104A (Statistics I), MN3028 (Managerial Economics), EC2020 (Elements of Econometrics), EC2066 (Microeconomics)
- NUS: DSC 1007 (Business Analytics), DSC2008 (Business Analytics), ST1131 (Intro to Statistics), EC2101 (Intermediate Microeconomics), EC2104 (Quantitative Methods), EC2303 (Foundation of Econometrics), EC3303 (Econometrics I), EC3304 (Econometric II)
- NTU: HE1005 (Intro to Probability & Stats), HE2004 (Intro to Econometrics), HE2005 (Principles of Econometrics), AB1202 (Statistical & Quantitative Methods)
- SMU: Econ107 (Intro to Econometrics), Stats101 (Introductory Statistics)
- RMIT: Econ1030 (Business Statistics 1)
- Consultation for data analysis for dissertations, research studies & projects (e.g. in biomedical studies thesis and MBA dissertations)
- Taught R Programming and provided Econometrics and Statistics consultation for graduate, PhD students for thesis, projects etc
- In addition, I have taught students studying overseas (New York University, UC Berkeley, University of Warwick, University of London, University of Liverpool, LSE, City College London, Monash University) -> Yes, I've had students(both undergrads & graduate students) who were based in Singapore/ came back to Singapore and engaged me as a tutor.
- Familiar with the following softwares: STATA, SPSS, R & Excel
For statistics, I've put up some practice questions( Visit https://econometricstuitionsingapore.wordpress.com)
Feel free to attempt them to gauge your own understanding.
Best of luck!